Bank of New York Mellon, N.A.
Nix, Patterson & Roach has been named Interim Lead Counsel in a class action brought by Compsource Oklahoma against Bank of New York Mellon, N.A. ("BNY") relating to BNY's securities lending program. In this capacity, Nix, Patterson & Roach and Compsource seek to recover losses suffered by participants in Defendant's securities lending program who incurred losses relating to BNY's investments in medium-term notes of Sigma Finance, Inc. This litigation is pending in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma.
If you have any questions regarding this litigation, please contact Nix, Patterson & Roach partner Brad Beckworth at 903-645-7333. For copies of relevant pleadings and orders in this litigation, please see below.
Class Period: 01.01.07 -
View Class Action Complaint
View Order Appointing NPR Interim Lead Counsel
View Opinion and Order Denying Defendants' Motion to Transfer Venue
View Opinion and Order Denying Defendants' Motion to Dismiss
View Opinion and Order Denying Defendants' Motion for Summary Judgment
- April 28, 2009 - Oklahoma Plaintiffs Win Venue Battle in Class Action against Mining Giant Freeport-McMoRan
- March 13, 2009 - Nix, Patterson & Roach Named as Interim Lead Counsel
- December 16, 2008 - Baylor Law Alum Elected 2009 President of Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- December 8, 2008 - News Release: Nelson J. Roach, George "Tex" Quesada Chosen to Lead The Texas Trial Lawyers Association in 2009
- August 11, 2008 - NPR Partner Elected Chair of National Nursing Home Litigation Group By American Association for Justice
- August 10, 2008 - Lawyer: Representing the Frail and Infirm is a Passion and Honor
- June 26, 2008 - $38.25 Million Deloitte & Touche Settlement Approved
- June 2, 2008 - NPR Settles Brocade Securities Litigation for $160 million